We've simplified our licensing with a single Commercial licensejohndavidmaza.gumroad.com/p/eula-commercial
Web Font • edition March 2021 (outdated)
End User License Agreement (EULA)
This is an agreement between the licensee (“you”) and John David Maza. By downloading, installing, and/or handling the digital typeface software (“the font” or “font software”) by John David Maza, you are agreeing to the terms of this EULA.
- You understand that the font is the property of John David Maza and what you are purchasing is the license to use the font as outlined in this agreement, not the ownership of the font software nor the copyright to the design or any other part of the font. Except for your right to use the font, all other rights are owned and retained by John David Maza.
- Single License. Upon payment in full, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the font on one (1) website domain, including its subdomains, that you own and manage. The license covers up to 100,000 pageviews/month and does not need to be renewed.
- Multiple License. If the number of pageviews you must use the font for exceeds the amount allowed by the single license, you will be required to purchase the appropriate number of licenses. Contact John David Maza if you need to upgrade your license.
- If you are a designer, design consultancy, advertising agency, or purchasing this license for use by or on behalf of such an entity, the ultimate end user must purchase the appropriate license. Specifically, if your client will use the font software, your client must purchase the license.
- You may secure a backup copy of the font for your own archival purposes.
- You may use the font, supplied in .WOFF/.WOFF2 under the web license, to style and display live/dynamic/selectable text on your website for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- You may only serve the font on your website using the CSS @font-face rule. The .WOFF/.WOFF2 files are configured for exclusive use on the web and may not be installed on a desktop workstation/computer/device.
- You may not use the font as a tool or resource for third parties to create customized products or documents.
- You may supply a temporary copy of the font to an external website developer working on your behalf, if necessary, to be used solely for writing and testing your website’s code, provided that they also agree to these terms and retain no copy of the font upon the job’s completion. John David Maza does not offer technical assistance regarding the implementation of the font on your website’s code.
- You may not modify and/or convert the format of the font software under any circumstance, except to subset the webfont to reduce the file size for use on your website. John David Maza reserves rights to any modified version of the font and is not responsible for any technical issues that may arise from your modification.
- You may not sell, lend, rent, give away, or further distribute any version of the font or any derivative works based on the font without John David Maza’s written permission. You also agree to take all reasonable steps to protect the font against unauthorized access and use.
- The use of the font in any generally discriminatory, hateful, or oppressive context is expressly prohibited.
- The font software is provided “AS IS,” without warranty of any kind. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the font software rests upon you. John David Maza shall in no event be liable to you or any other party for any loss or damages arising out of the use of, or inability to use, the font software.
- All purchases are final and may not be refunded or exchanged. Please place your orders carefully.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement terminates your license to use the font. Upon termination, you must destroy the original and any copies of the font software and documentation.
- This license agreement may be updated by John David Maza at any time without prior consent or notice.
Browse fonts at johndavidmaza.gumroad.com
For any questions, please send an email.